Pages

Friday, 5 February 2016

2015 Books Wrap-Up!

Friday, 5 February 2016

image


This post is actually a  pretty late post meant to be posted on early Jan, but I do get skeptic a little (?) about this post then all of a sudden want to share it to all of you now. This post has also been posted on my personal Tumblr, just message me if you want to check it out too!


**
Books read: 30

Number of re-reads: 4
Ebook reads: 4
**

BOOKS I READ IN:

  • January
  1. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins - 4/5 stars // finally decided to read this although I’ve already know the ending, the epilog (who doesn’t know it though?)
  2. Wings (Wings #1) by Aprillyne Pike -
  3. Spells (Wings #2) by Aprillyne Pike -
  4. Illusions (Wings #3) by Aprillyne Pike - 4/5 stars
  5. Destined (Wings #4) by Aprillyne Pike - 4/5 stars // IT HAS THE BEST ENDING EVER YOU GUYS AND I‘M STILL TORN BETWEEN CHOOSING DAVID OR TAMANI ALTHOUGH THE SERIES HAS ENDED I’M DEFINITELY NOT OKAY 
  6. The Kane Chronicles: Survival Guide by Rick Riordan - 3/5 stars
  7. Monte Carlo: Skenario by Arumi E. - 2/5 stars
  8. Casablanca: Forget Me Not - 3/5 stars
  • February
  1. Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi - 3/5 stars // too much metaphors, too tiring to read but ok
  2. Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi - 4/5 stars // it’s probably my fav among the series, w a r n e r though [ebook]
  3. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith - 3.5/5 stars // sweeeet I really need to read Happy Again soon
  4. Melbourne: Rewind by Winna Efendi - 4/5 stars // still a fave
  5. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han - 4/5 stars 
  • March
  1. The Naked Traveler Anthology by Trinity - 3/5 stars // short read found in the library, hehe me likey
  2. Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi - 4/5 stars // it gets better, the series
  3. Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi - 3/5 stars
  4. Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi - 4/5 stars // and better, the series. Juliette and Warner  though >>>>>>>
  5. The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass - 2/5 stars // sigh America sigh forever sighing in this book because AMERICA so confusing 
  • April
-
  • May
-
  • June
  • July
-
(what, 4 months in a row not reading ANYTHING?)
  • August
  1. The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass - 4/5 stars // thank God America is behaving more here
  2. In A Blue Moon by Ilana Tan - 3.5/5 stars //not Ilana Tan’s best work but I think this book is okay
  • September
  1. The Heir (The Selection #4) by Kiera Cass - 4/5 stars
  2. The Chronicles of Audy #1: 4R by Orizuka - 4/5 stars
  3. The Chronicles of Audy #2: 21 by Orizuka - 5/5 stars // FEELS the only book with full rating on it becoz it’s surely a book with lots of roller coaster of emotions
  4. The Chronicles of Audy #3: 4/4 by Orizuka - 3/5 stars // such a disappointment especially since I’m a bit hoping, #TeamRexAllTheWay
  • October
  1. You Are The Apple of My Eye by Giddens Ko - 3.5/5 stars // it’s a mix between ‘meh’ moments and heart-warming moments orz
  2. The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson and Kane Chronicles Crossover #3) by Rick Riordan - 4/5 stars // hoping for Jason, Piper, and Leo’s turn to be written #kapan #kapankapan
  3. Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Riordan - 4/5 stars // didn’t expect to enjoy this
  • November
-
  • December
  1. Holland: One Fine Day in Leiden by Feba Sukmana - 4/5 stars // loved it more than I thought I would
  2. P.S. I Still Love You - 3.5/5 stars // I got mixed-feelings toward this book. What I know for sure: I NEED MOREEEEEE
  3. Happy Again (This Is What Happy Looks Like #1.5) - 4/5 stars // it was such a magical read omg the long-lost book hangover is here attacking me again bcz THIS BOOK I NEED MOREEEEEE (2)
///////
Longest book read: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #2) - 461 pages
Shortest book read: Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #2.5) - 62 pages
Unfinished book
-Swiss: First Snow in Zurich by Alvi Syahrin // a lot of my friends recommend me this book but it just didn’t right on me.. I don’t know, the conflict is just..
///////

I didn’t set any reading challenge for this year since I know I will not be able to read much (hey I’m just a high school junior I can’t buy books anytime I want because $$$) but I thought I’m gonna read more than last year, and I did! Not really setting a reading challenge, but I think I’m gonna read 30-ish books, and I did, too! I at first joined Receh Untuk Buku 2015, where you collect your small money/change the whole year to buy books in the end of the year but I gave up since regarding to what I just said earlier, every spare change I have is very useful to buy books (in general). There’s also this 2015 book challenge (you can search in on Google) that I meant to do but it’s only in my heart, I never declared it since I know I can’t done it. Me. 
I read kinda a lot in early 2015 but it didn’t stay for a long time, only until March then I have a 4 months in a row not reading anything, I know, I can’t believe it myself, especially it’s holiday season where I mostly stay at home. When school starts, I get to read some books, more books than those 4 months unwanted break because almost all of my new (girl) classmates loved reading, so we recommend and share books to read, hehe. November also being spent by reading nothing, maybe it’s because it’s been a pretty hectic month, I don’t know (I’ve forgotten already sigh). Overall I’m pretty satisfied with my reading this year, especially compared to last year. Soooo.... Au Revoir, 2015! Bonjour, 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books and Stardust © 2014