Pages

Friday, 28 March 2014

How I Read

Friday, 28 March 2014

I was scrolling through my blogger reads and I found this tag from Stefanie @ The Bookie Looker. I haven't post anything for awhile and when I saw this I was like: I wanna do this too. My reading pace slowed down (like, a LOT) due to school thingys (grade 9 problems) and I haven't finished my current reads so I don't have anything to review right now.

Since I'm having a four-days holiday right now, I decided to write something on my blog and here it is!

1. How do you find new book to read?
  • Goodreads is very helpful for me to find a new book, whether by seeing other people's reads or reviews. I can see how other people think toward a book and that really helps me to pick up a new reads.
  • Other people's recommendation and reads. Mostly? Book bloggers. Seeing their reviews and opinions about a book make me want to try and experience reading that book too. I follow some kind of a book photoblog on Tumblr and when I saw books that caught my attention, usually with their catchy titles and covers, I open up Goodreads and check about the book. Believe it or not, Tumblr photography and typography also influence me to pick up a new reads. I also have some friends with the same interest in books with me and they usually recommend me some good reads to buy or even rent me some.
  • Go straight to the bookstore and browse through the shelves. I'm with Stefanie; I will open up Goodreads and check about the book (again) to help me decide whether the book's good enough to buy or not.
2. How did you get into reading?

I believe I've loved to read since I was a kid. When I was a child, I subscribed a kids magazine, and mostly read storybooks and comic-like encyclopedias. I don't really know exactly when did I'm into novels but I'm really into novels since I'm about to enter Year 9. I remember once I thought novels were boring, unlike my storybooks and comic-like encyclopedias (you know, illustrations and all) but see me now? My father also loves to read and maybe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

3. How has your taste in books changed since you've gotten older?

Do not really change, I think. I still love to read storybooks and comic-like encyclopedias. Maybe only that I'm not into romance these days, like I used to when I first introduced to novels (I can swoon all day after reading a romance novel and that's just make me embarrassed by how myself react.)

4. How often do you buy books?

The average, 2-3 books per month. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

5. How did you get into book-blogging?

By seeing one of my internet friend's book blog, a year ago or so. Since then, I've always wanted to make a book blog but I feel like something's itching in the back of my mind if I can keep my blog updated or I will make my blog a mess by not updating it. She also supported me to make a book blog and here I am!

6. How do you react when you don't like the end of a book?

Rant: "What kind of ending is this" inside of my head.

7. How often have you taken a sneaky look at the back of the page to see if it's a happy ending?

I've ever do that, sneaking to the last page of the book I'm reading but not to see if it's a happy ending or not, just curious. But I never do that again. Not ever.

8. How many people are you going to tag, and who are they?

Anyone who's interested to answer this.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for joining this tag! ;) followed your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Widiwwww, kelas 9 emang berturun drastis ya baca buku fiksi nya :) Semangat Adeeek kecil *eh wkwk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. huhuhu komenmu kehapus di postingan blogku :(
    btw, ini follow blog kamu gimana caranya ya? GFC-nya g ada --"

    ReplyDelete

Books and Stardust © 2014