Pages

Saturday, 1 February 2014

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Saturday, 1 February 2014
"The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent."

Finally. After 16 days of reading, after 16 sixteen days of sneaking to read this book in some classes (and free classes, of course), after 16 days of whining "why am I so slow on reading this book", after 16 days of whining "why can't I just finish this book right now".

I was oblivious at the beginning of this book, maybe because I've forgot Insurgent's plot. I was like ".... is dead already?" "There is a character named ....?" and etc. I targeted myself to finish this book before February starts but I finished it in the first day of February instead- which is pretty okay because I went to my relatives' houses (you know, Chinese new year) since afternoon till 11 pm or so. I didn't bring my book at that time (though I have read a few chapters before I leave) and when the book's on my hand, I didn't get the chance to read it so I forgive myself for it.

This book gave me mixed feelings, and that's why I have a little trouble making this review. I love and respect Tris more. I found Tobias' perspectives very interesting, since I got to know Tobias more. Their relationship, Tobias and Tris, seems so real here. Tobias and his mother. Tris and Caleb. I just need them more.

I thought that Divergent is a kind of rare ability, but no really. I do not believe in that "genetically pure" and "genetically damage" thing, just like Tris, and I prefer to live in factions rather than living like the Bureau, divided by whether our genes are pure or not.

I don't know whether this is my favorite book from the series or not, since I've forgotten the two previous books' plot. I've once read someone's review about this book, saying that our questions in Insurgent will be all answered in this book, but not for me. I still have one question unanswered: what is Caleb's motive to betrayed Tris? I still believe Caleb is a good guy, and always will. Another question even popped up IN my mind after 'that' scene (cough*TRIS*cough); how's that happened? Her mother?

The ending is.. okay. I just don't get it.Tobias ending up with Christina? I don't know. And it didn't gave me much feels.

3/5 stars.

3 comments:

  1. Srsly with christina ? Ahhh i need to read this book asap! Thanks btw, ur review of this book just great ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't get it, don't think so, but the ending's like they're ending up together, or they're just mates? Just read it! It's awesome. And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Whut, Four & Christina? :O
    As much as I know that it's impossible for Four to end up with NO one in the future, I just can't think of the possibility of him & Christina being together. I think Veronica also didn't intend it to be that way, too, only for them to be bestmates who can support each other. Nice twist on your part, though! :))

    ReplyDelete

Books and Stardust © 2014